To view the Parent Information Booklet on Re-opening during COVID-19, please click here.
Please take a look at our Home Learning pages under the Work from Home tab or click here.
Please click here to see the latest advice regarding the Coronavirus from the DFE.
Important Information Regarding the Cancelling of Reopening School on 01/06/2020. Please read below:
Information Regarding the Re-opening of School from 1st June 2020
Newsletter – 04/05/2020
Newsletter – 27/04/2020
Newsletter – 20/04/2020
Newsletter – 06/04/2020
Unique, Resilient, Respected, Nurtured, Inspired, Challenged
Forest Lodge Academy is a happy, lively and caring place where each child’s uniqueness is cherished and where they are encouraged to learn in a safe, positive environment
School Vision & Ethos
Forest Lodge aims to develop its policy and practice to:
- Set and maintain high expectations, which challenge children and enables them to achieve their own potential.
- Develop a passion for learning and acquire, skills, knowledge and understanding of themselves in the world.
- Ensure that all children experience an enriched curriculum which develops their talents and unlocks their potential.
- Develop individuals as highly motivated learners who seek to extend themselves in mind, body and spirit and know their uniqueness is cherished.
- Encourage children to develop moral, social and spiritual values which demonstrate care, consideration, respect and tolerance towards others and the environment.
- Inspire an inclusive belief in all, respecting everyone in spite of life experiences and physical differences.
- Create a sense of belonging to a “family” community.
- Nurture children to become responsible citizens who have a thoughtful attitude towards the local, national and global community.
- Providing an accessible curriculum that is exciting and stimulates a thirst for knowledge.
- Offering teaching and memorable experiences that promote an enquiring mind and a spirit of curiosity.
- Facilitating a wide range of meaningful learning experiences and opportunities within and beyond school.
- Developing an intelligence of their physical, social and emotional well being.
- Fostering a community which promotes an ethos of mutual respect, honesty and responsibility.
- Promoting attitudes where individuality, difference and diversity are valued and understood.
- Giving opportunities to address the many challenging issues facing them, while developing a sense of responsibility, autonomy and community.
- Involving children, parents, carers, staff, governors and the wider school community as partners in learning.
We moved into a brand new school building (September 2015) which was built as part of the Priority Schools Building Project. This has been an extremely exciting time for all those involved with the school and community. Now the school has been rebuilt we have added capacity and will eventually be a 3 form entry school. Classes will increase on a yearly rolling programme.
The school is on a large site that provides plenty of space both inside and outside the building. We have a Library, a Kitchen for curriculum use as well as one for school meals, a Studio / Sensory room and a Practical Learning Room for Art and D/T lessons.
Our large hall and small halls are suitable for many activities having adaptable staging, and PE equipment. Our three playgrounds, football and cricket pitch give plenty of space for physical activity where children can play and exercise. We will also have a school garden where children can plant and grow the schools flowers, fruit and vegetables which will be used as part of the schools food curriculum.
At Forest Lodge we will ensure all children attending receive an education through exciting, enriched, creative experiences ensuring children are fully prepared for life in the 21st Century, where all are inspired to be aspirational – through collaborative, innovative, creative experiences in an environment which enthuses and challenges all to be the best that they can possibly be.
Forest Lodge Academy will aid all to have an exciting future, socially, emotionally and academically. We look forward to working in partnership with you.
If you would like to visit and see us in action we would be delighted to show you around and answer any questions you may have.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the school office to make an appointment.
We look forward to welcoming you to our school.
Mrs Claire Caldwell